Online Course in Ethical Hacking 7,5 hp
This summer, KTH Royal Institute of Technology starts a new Ethical course taught by foreseeti founders and professors Pontus Johnson and Mathias Ekstedt. This course aims to develop students' understanding of and ability to use ethical hacking techniques to perform cyber-security audits of computer networks. The main activity of the course comprises the penetration of a rigged virtual corporate network environment.
Dates: August 28 - November 30, 2018
Expected workload: 15h/week.
Cost: 15 000 SEK. Your employer will be charged for the course.
Credits: 7,5 credits are awarded in the LADOK system.
Where: Student-controlled schedule. No physical meetings, you can enjoy the course wherever in the world.
Note: Contract teaching is only available through your employer. The couse is not available to private persons.
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- perform reconnaissance, identifying and selecting targets for attack, e.g. by means of network scanning,
- identify vulnerabilities in network equipment and applications,
- deploy and execute exploits on vulnerable systems,
- install and use remote access trojans for remote system control,
- identify password files and extract passwords,
- exfiltrate data,
- crack wifi networks,
- implement solutions to strengthen the information security of computer networks.
More information, reviews of earlier students and contact information can be found here